ȽÁU,WELṈEW/John Dean Provincial Park is located at the top of Mount Newton, 15 km north of Victoria, British Columbia. The park's 173 hectares (427 acres) include 10 km of hiking trails that pass through meadows, woodlands, marshes and the last stand of old growth forest on the Saanich Peninsula. It's open to hikers all year round and to vehicles from March 15th to October 31st.
Visitors to the park enjoy its diversity of wildlife, extensive hiking trails, beautiful vistas, and the opportunity to experience the wonder of nature.Here are directions and a roadmap to get to the park:
- Take the Pat Bay Highway (Hwy17) to North Saanich
- Take the exit to McTavish Road west
- Turn left at East Saanich Road
- Turn right on Dean Park Road
- Drive 2 km to reach the park's main gate