The John Dean Provincial Park Access Improvement Initiative has been launched!
The Park will reach its 100th anniversary in 2021. Planned improvements in advance of the centennial will update the information available in the park, repair the parking lot, and improve access to the park.
The cost of the project is $75,000. Yes, we need your help to raise the money.
Please donate by clicking on the Donate button above . Tax receipts will be provided for all donations.
What is the Project About?
• Develop and install new signs to be displayed in the parking lot with a focus on park history, early pioneers, and nature.
• Repair the parking lot and access to it: remove broken asphalt, level it, install drains, and pave it. See the photos below.
What are the Benefits of this Project?
• Improved education material available for the benefit of visitors of all ages.
• Improved accessibility to enhance the park experience for families with strollers and visitors with limited mobility.
• Safer, improved access to parking for visitors to enjoy the hiking trails, beautiful vistas, rare plants, wild flowers, and old growth forest.
• Provide the health benefits resulting from time spent exploring nature.
• Bring people together as a community committed to improving the park.
Your support would be greatly appreciated.
The Friends of John Dean Park
(1) Access Road
(2) Access Road
(3) Parking Lot
(4) Parking Lot